Renal cell carcinomas (RCCs) of different histologic subtypes differ in their prognosis and therapeutic response; therefore, it is important to classify malignant epithelial tumors of the kidney correctly, as well as to differentiate them from benign ones.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribers receive full online access to your subscription and archive of back issues up to and including 2002.
Content published before 2002 is available via pay-per-view purchase only.
Subscribe:Subscribe to Clinics in Laboratory Medicine
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Utility of cytokeratin 7 for distinguishing chromophobe renal cell carcinoma from renal oncocytoma.Eur Urol. 2000; 37: 484-487
- Cytokeratin 7: a useful adjunct in the diagnosis of chromophobe renal cell carcinoma.Histopathology. 2002; 40: 563-567
- Cytokeratins 7 and 20 immunoreactivity in chromophobe renal cell carcinomas and renal oncocytomas.Mod Pathol. 2002; 15: 712-717
- Diagnosing primary and metastatic renal cell carcinoma: the use of the monoclonal antibody ‘renal cell carcinoma marker'.Am J Surg Pathol. 2001; 25: 1485-1492
- Use of antibodies to RCC and CD10 in the differential diagnosis of renal neoplasms.Am J Surg Pathol. 2000; 24: 203-210
- The diagnostic utility of immunohistochemistry in distinguishing between mesothelioma and renal cell carcinoma: a comparative study.Hum Pathol. 2004; 35: 697-710
- Immunohistochemical profile of common epithelial neoplasms arising in the kidney.Appl Immunohistochem Mol Morphol. 2002; 10: 332-338
- Value of special stains and immunohistochemistry in the diagnosis of renal epithelial neoplasms.Zhonghua Bing Li Xue Za Zhi. 2004; 33: 140-142
- CD10 is expressed in a subset of chromophobe renal cell carcinomas.Mod Pathol. 2004; 17: 1455-1463
- CD10 facilitates the diagnosis of metastatic renal cell carcinoma from primary adrenal cortical neoplasm in adrenal fine-needle aspiration.Diagn Cytopathol. 2002; 27: 149-152
- Diagnostic utility of renal cell carcinoma marker in cytopathology.Appl Immunohistochem Mol Morphol. 2003; 11: 116-119
- Keratin immunohistochemistry in renal cell carcinoma subtypes and renal oncocytomas: a systematic analysis of 233 tumors.Virchows Arch. 2004; 444: 127-134
- Expression profiling of renal epithelial neoplasms: a method for tumor classification and discovery of diagnostic molecular markers.Am J Pathol. 2001; 158: 1639-1651
- Expression of alpha-methylacyl-CoA racemase in papillary renal cell carcinoma.Am J Surg Pathol. 2004; 28: 69-76
- KIT expression in chromophobe renal cell carcinoma: comparative immunohistochemical analysis of KIT expression in different renal cell neoplasms.Am J Surg Pathol. 2004; 28: 676-678
- Overexpression of KIT (CD117) in chromophobe renal cell carcinoma and renal oncocytoma.Am J Clin Pathol. 2004; 121: 878-883
- Overexpression of KIT in chromophobe renal cell carcinoma.Oncogene. 2003; 22: 847-852
- KIT expression in fetal, normal adult, and neoplastic renal tissues.J Clin Pathol. 2004; 57: 463-466
- Expression of MUC1 (EMA) and E-cadherin in renal cell carcinoma: a systematic immunohistochemical analysis of 188 cases.Mod Pathol. 2004; 17: 180-188
- Chromophobe renal cell carcinoma: an immunohistochemical study of 21 Japanese cases.Mod Pathol. 1999; 12: 310-317
- Papillary renal cell carcinoma. Histology and immunohistochemistry.Am J Surg Pathol. 1995; 19: 842-849
- Morphologic subtyping of papillary renal cell carcinoma: correlation with prognosis and differential expression of MUC1 between the two subtypes.Mod Pathol. 2002; 15: 1126-1130
- MUC1 and cancer.Biochim Biophys Acta. 1999; 1455: 301-313
- The distribution of cytokeratin antigens in the kidney and in renal tumours.Histopathology. 1987; 11: 157-170
- The utility of epithelial membrane antigen and vimentin in the diagnosis of chromophobe renal cell carcinoma.Ann Diagn Pathol. 2002; 6: 154-158
- Immunohistochemical identification of intracytoplasmic lumens by cytokeratin typing may differentiate renal oncocytomas from chromophobe renal cell carcinomas.Histol Histopathol. 2004; 19: 23-28
- Cytokeratin 20 immunoreactivity in renal oncocytomas.J Histochem Cytochem. 2001; 49: 919-920
- The Ron proto-oncogene product is a phenotypic marker of renal oncocytoma.Am J Surg Pathol. 2003; 27: 779-785
- Cytokeratin 7 and cytokeratin 20 expression in epithelial neoplasms: a survey of 435 cases.Mod Pathol. 2000; 13: 962-972
- Cytokeratin 20 in human carcinomas. A new histodiagnostic marker detected by monoclonal antibodies.Am J Pathol. 1992; 140: 427-447
© 2005 Elsevier Inc. Published by Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.