- Niederman M.S
- Mandell L.A
- Anzueto A
- et al.
- Anon J.B
- Jacobs M.R
- Poole M.D
- et al.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribers receive full online access to your subscription and archive of back issues up to and including 2002.
Content published before 2002 is available via pay-per-view purchase only.
Subscribe:Subscribe to Clinics in Laboratory Medicine
- Guidelines for the management of adults with community-acquired pneumonia. Diagnosis, assessment of severity, antimicrobial therapy, and prevention.Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2001; 163: 1730-1754
- Antimicrobial treatment guidelines for acute bacterial rhinosinusitis.Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2004; 130: 1-45
- Healthcare expenditures for sinusitis in 1996: contributions of asthma, rhinitis, and other airway disorders.J Allergy Clin Immunol. 1999; 103: 408-414
- Trends in antimicrobial drug prescribing among office-based physicians in the United States.JAMA. 1995; 273: 214-219
Scott Levin Prescription Audit from Verispan. LLC. January–December 2002.
- Sinus and Allergy Health Partnership.Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2000; 123: 5-31
- Practice guidelines for the management of community-acquired pneumonia in adults. Infectious Diseases Society of America.Clin Infect Dis. 2000; 31: 347-382
- Prevention of pneumococcal disease: recommendations of the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP).MMWR Recomm Rep. 1997; 46: 1-24
- Prognosis and outcomes of patients with community-acquired pneumonia. A meta-analysis.JAMA. 1996; 275: 134-141
- Epidemiology of clinically diagnosed community-acquired pneumonia in the primary care setting: results from the 1999–2000 respiratory surveillance program.Am J Med. 2001; 111 ([discussion 36S–8S]): 25S-29S
- Emergence of antibiotic resistance in upper and lower respiratory tract infections.Am J Manag Care. 1999; 5: S651-S661
- Streptococcus pneumoniae resistant to penicillin and chloramphenicol.Lancet. 1977; 2: 995-997
GlaxoSmithKline. Antibiotic treatment and resistance timeline. Available at: http://www.augmentin.com. Accessed August 2, 2002.
- Emergence of multiply resistant pneumococci.N Engl J Med. 1978; 299: 735-740
- Relapsing pneumococcal meningitis: isolation of an organism with decreased susceptibility to penicillin.G. J Pediatr. 1974; 85: 671-673
- Antimicrobial resistance among clinical isolates of Streptococcus pneumoniae in the United States during 1999–2000, including a comparison of resistance rates since 1994–1995.Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2001; 45: 1721-1729
- Antimicrobial resistance with Streptococcus pneumoniae in the United States, 1997–98.Emerg Infect Dis. 1999; 5: 757-765
- Antimicrobial resistance of Streptococcus pneumoniae recovered from outpatients in the United States during the winter months of 1994 to 1995: results of a 30-center national surveillance study.Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 1996; 40: 1208-1213
- Antimicrobial resistance of Streptococcus pneumoniae in the United States, 1979–1987. The Pneumococcal Surveillance Working Group.J Infect Dis. 1991; 163: 1273-1278
- Regional trends in antimicrobial resistance among clinical isolates of Streptococcus pneumoniae, Haemophilus influenzae, and Moraxella catarrhalis in the United States: results from the TRUST Surveillance Program, 1999–2000.Clin Infect Dis. 2002; 34: S4-S16
- The Alexander Project 1998–2000: susceptibility of pathogens isolated from community-acquired respiratory tract infection to commonly used antimicrobial agents.J Antimicrob Chemother. 2003; 52: 229-246
- Penicillin-binding protein-mediated resistance in pneumococci and staphylococci.J Infect Dis. 1999; 179: S353-S359
- Beta-lactamase inhibitors from laboratory to clinic.Clin Microbiol Rev. 1988; 1: 109-123
- Evolution and dissemination of beta-lactamases accelerated by generations of beta-lactam antibiotics.Clin Infect Dis. 1997; 24: S19-S45
- Drug-resistant Streptococcus pneumoniae: rational antibiotic choices.Am J Med. 1999; 106 ([discussion 48S–52S]): 19S-25S
- Haemophilus influenzae type B resistant to ampicillin. A report of two cases.JAMA. 1974; 229: 298-301
- Antimicrobial resistance among respiratory isolates of Haemophilus influenzae, Moraxella catarrhalis, and Streptococcus pneumoniae in the United States.Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 1990; 34: 2075-2080
- Antibiotic resistance among clinical isolates of Haemophilus influenzae in the United States in 1994 and 1995 and detection of beta-lactamase-positive strains resistant to amoxicillin-clavulanate: results of a national multicenter surveillance study.Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 1997; 41: 292-297
- Apparent plateau in beta-lactamase production among clinical isolates of Haemophilus influenzae and Moraxella catarrhalis in the United States: results from the LIBRA Surveillance initiative.Int J Antimicrob Agents. 2002; 19: 119-123
- Survey of susceptibilities of Streptococcus pneumoniae, Haemophilus influenzae, and Moraxella catarrhalis isolates to 26 antimicrobial agents: a prospective US study.Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 1999; 43: 2612-2623
- Haemophilus influenzae and Moraxellacatarrhalis from patients with community-acquired respiratory tract infections: antimicrobial susceptibility patterns from the SENTRY antimicrobial Surveillance Program (United States and Canada, 1997).Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 1999; 43: 385-389
- Penicillin-binding proteins in beta-lactam-resistant streptococcus pneumoniae.Microb Drug Resist. 1999; 5: 91-99
- Pharmacokinetic/pharmacodynamic parameters: rationale for antibacterial dosing of mice and men.Clin Infect Dis. 1998; 26 ([quiz 11–2]): 1-10
- Decreased susceptibility of Streptococcus pneumoniae to fluoroquinolones in Canada. Canadian Bacterial Surveillance Network.N Engl J Med. 1999; 341: 233-239
- Increasing resistance of Streptococcus pneumoniae to fluoroquinolones: results of a Hong Kong multicentre study in 2000.J Antimicrob Chemother. 2001; 48: 659-665
- Macrolide resistance among invasive Streptococcus pneumoniae isolates.JAMA. 2001; 286: 1857-1862
- Macrolide-resistant Streptococcus pneumoniae and use of antimicrobial agents.Clin Infect Dis. 2001; 33: 483-488
- Resistance among Streptococcus pneumoniae: implications for drug selection.Clin Infect Dis. 2002; 34: 1613-1620
- The prevalence of drug-resistant Streptococcus pneumoniae in Atlanta.N Engl J Med. 1995; 333: 481-486
- Bacteremic pneumonia due to multidrug-resistant pneumococci in 3 patients treated unsuccessfully with azithromycin and successfully with levofloxacin.Clin Infect Dis. 2000; 31: 613-615
- Breakthrough pneumococcal bacteremia in patients being treated with azithromycin and clarithromycin.Clin Infect Dis. 2000; 31: 1008-1011
- Failure of macrolide antibiotic treatment in patients with bacteremia due to erythromycin-resistant Streptococcus pneumoniae.Clin Infect Dis. 2002; 35: 556-564
- Emergence of macrolide resistance during treatment of pneumococcal pneumonia.N Engl J Med. 2002; 346: 630-631
- Pneumococcal meningitis during therapy of otitis media with clarithromycin.Pediatr Infect Dis J. 1995; 14: 1104-1105
- Fatal pneumococcal pneumonia attributed to macrolide resistance and azithromycin monotherapy.Chest. 2000; 118: 1839-1840
- Management of community-acquired pneumonia in the era of pneumococcal resistance: a report from the Drug-Resistant Streptococcus pneumoniae Therapeutic Working Group.Arch Intern Med. 2000; 160: 1399-1408
- Update of practice guidelines for the management of community-acquired pneumonia in immunocompetent adults.Clin Infect Dis. 2003; 37: 1405-1433
- A prediction rule to identify low-risk patients with community-acquired pneumonia.N Engl J Med. 1997; 336: 243-250
Nicholson SC, Conetta BJ, Mayer HB. Difference in pathogens isolated from outpatients and inpatients with community-acquired pneumonia. Presented at the 40th Interscience Conference on Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy. Toronto, Ontario, Canada, September 17–20, 2000.
- Sparfloxacin versus cefaclor in the treatment of patients with community-acquired pneumonia: a randomized, double-masked, comparative, multicenter study.Clin Ther. 1997; 19: 936-953
- Treatment of community-acquired pneumonia: a randomized comparison of sparfloxacin, amoxycillin-clavulanic acid and erythromycin.Eur Respir J. 1995; 8: 1999-2007
- Implications for macrolide treatment in community-acquired pneumonia. Hopkins CAP Team.Chest. 1998; 113: 1201-1206
- The role of atypical pathogens: Mycoplasma pneumoniae, Chlamydia pneumoniae, and Legionella pneumophila in respiratory infection.Infect Dis Clin North Am. Sep 1998; 12 ([vii.]): 569-592
- The clinical pharmacokinetics of a new pharmacokinetically enhanced formulation of amoxicillin/clavulanate.Clin Ther. 2001; 23: 578-584
- Research Triangle Park.GlaxoSmithKline, NC2002
- Outcome of treatment of respiratory tract infections due to Streptococcus pneumoniae, including drug-resistant strains, with pharmacokinetically enhanced amoxycillin/clavulanate.Int J Antimicrob Agents. 2002; 20: 235-247
File T, Lode H, Kurz H, Crann R and the 600 Study Group. Comparative efficacy/safety of pharmacokinetically enhanced amoxicillin/clavulanate 200/125 mg vs amoxicillin/clavulanate 875/125 mg in community-acquired pneumonia (CAP). Presented at the 99th International Conference of the American Thoracic Society. Seattle, Washington, May 16–21, 2003.
- The efficacy and safety of oral pharmacokinetically enhanced amoxycillin-clavulanate 2000/125 mg, twice daily, versus oral amoxycillin-clavulanate 1000/125 mg, three times daily, for the treatment of bacterial community-acquired pneumonia in adults.Int J Antimicrob Agents Aug. Aug 2002; 20: 119-129
Garau J, Twynholm M, Garcia-Mendez E. and the 557 study group. Comparative efficacy and safety of pharmacokinetically enhanced amoxicillin/clavulanate 2000/125 mg b.d. versus amoxicillin/clavulanate 875/125 mg t.d.s. in community-acquired pneumonia (CAP) [poster]. Presented at the 12th European Congress of Clinical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases. Milan, Italy, April 24–27, 2002.
☆This work was supported by GlaxoSmithKline.